Depending on the severity of the car accident, there are various circumstances in which you can hire a lawyer after a car accident in Louisiana.
A car or auto accident involves the involvement of many parties, namely the at-fault driver, the not-at-fault driver, and the insurance companies of both parties. Confronting an auto accident becomes difficult where the at-fault driver has an insurance adjuster while you do not own one (i.e., your vehicle was uninsured). Therefore, having a car accident lawyer by your side in such a case becomes essential.
Instances When You Need To Lawyer Up After A Car Accident
A Lousiana car accident attorney will help you build strong claim. Legal representation is especially important in the following situations:
- When you are unaware of your legal rights
- When you are critically injured
- The car insurance company isn’t keeping you informed and dealing with your case fairly
- You are not the at-fault driver in the accident
- You need to recover the damages caused
- If the accident caused the wrongful death of a person
- To know not-at-fault driver’s insurance benefits
- If you are an uninsured motorist and your vehicle is severely damaged, hiring a lawyer can help you receive your entitled compensation.
- If the at-fault driver’s insurance company or your own insurance company offers to settle the claim.
When coming across any settlement, it is better to have an attorney by your side not to get duped. When an insurance company wants to settle, it means they definitely see an opportunity to settle on an average four times less than they would have if the trial is involved.
- When it is not clear who is at the fault driver from the police report as well. If both the parties are partially responsible for the accident, the compensation is determined through special calculations (i.e., based on the percentage of fault).
- When the insurance adjusters are delaying the case.
Insurance adjusters may try to avoid payment of claims or delay them. Unreturned calls, passing your claim to multiple insurance adjusters, delaying the medical records information are few ways to annoy you.
- Hire a car attorney when things are not going smoothly.
There are cases where the insurance adjusters try to prove every medical bill/record as unreasonable to avoid paying for claims. Car accident attorneys know the ins and outs of the law like the stature of limitation, how to deal with insurance adjusters, the amount of coverage allowed for personal care, and such details.
- If you don’t know if the case is strong enough or not. It is viable to at least take advice from a car accident attorney on your case. After a thorough investigation of the case, he will be able to suggest if filing a lawsuit will be helpful or not.
Not Sure If You Can Afford to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
A car accident or personal injury lawyers that work on a contingency fee basis are affordable and don’t cost a fortune. Attorneys who work on a contingency fee and not on hourly or flat fees only charge money when they are successful in recovering the estimated compensation. They charge a certain specific percentage of the compensation they can recover. If they are unable to recover anything, they are left unpaid.
Call Our Louisiana Car Accident Lawyers
There is a lot of work that goes behind a car attorney case. There is a lot of legal work, legwork, and other things that an attorney takes care of. He does the job of collecting all the evidence at the accident scene, interviewing the witnesses, gathering the police reports, and preparing necessary documents like medical bills, loss wages information.
He is also responsible for preparing the settlement demand letter sent to the other driver’s insurance company. If the case doesn’t demand to be settled outside the court, the attorney will look into the legal work for filing the case in the court. He fills the necessary paperwork, submits the evidence, and further presents your case in court. Finally, he deals with the defense attorney and represents your case on your behalf.
Also, the burden of proof in case of personal injury cases falls on the plaintiff. A good and experienced car accident attorney can be of great help to prove your case on your behalf.
How you work along with your attorney makes a huge difference to any case. If you want to recover the maximum possible compensation claims, both monetary and non-monetary, lawyering up with a car accident attorney in the majority of the cases is essential and beneficial.
To learn how we can help you and hire a lawyer after a car accident, contact us today.