If you get into a motorcycle accident in Louisiana, you will probably suffer very serious injuries. These types of accidents are the most dangerous type of all motor vehicle accidents. This is because there’s nothing standing between you and the other vehicle. And, the only thing that can protect you is a plastic helmet.
The first thing you have to do after your motorcycle accident is seek medical treatment. Your injuries are going to be quite severe. It’s important that you get checked out at the hospital right away. They’ll do the necessary tests to make sure you’re okay. They’ll also put any injuries you’ve suffered into your medical records.
The last thing you’re going to want to do after your crash is deal with lawyers and insurance adjusters. In fact, you probably won’t be in any condition to handle these things yourself after the accident. That’s why it’s a good idea to contact an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Louisiana right away. They’ll negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. They’ll also fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
There are 3 Things You Need to Do After Your Motorcycle Accident in Louisiana
If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident, there are three (3) things you need to do. If you do these things, you should be able to preserve your legal rights. However, if you don’t follow these guidelines, there’s a good chance that your claim will be denied. It may also prevent you from recovering damages from the defendant.
The first thing you need to do is call 911. They’ll come out and do a thorough investigation of the accident. The second thing you need to do is go to the hospital. Finally, you need to contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in Louisiana.
What Kinds of Injuries Will You Suffer in Your Louisiana Motorcycle Accident?
Some of the injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents include:
- Spinal cord injuries – Most people who suffer a spinal cord injury end up paralyzed. You could end up in a wheelchair for the rest of your life. If this happens, odds are you won’t be able to work again.
- Broken neck – Similar to a spinal cord injury, a broken neck can be debilitating. If you break your neck in a motorcycle accident, you’re going to need surgery and long-term physical therapy.
- Back injuries – Given the impact suffered, you’ll probably experience some sort of back injury. These injuries also tend to require surgery and physical therapy.
- Traumatic brain injury – Whenever you sustain a serious blow to the head, you can end up with a traumatic brain injury.
It’s not that you can’t suffer these types of injuries in other motor vehicle accidents. However, aside from tractor trailer accidents, motorcycle accidents tend to deliver the worst injuries. You could be ejected from your bike and end up in the middle of the road. You could be hit by other vehicles and suffer even further injury.
Your Louisiana Accident Lawyer Will Fight to Get You Damages
Given the seriousness of your injuries, you will be entitled to certain damages. As long as your Louisiana accident lawyer can prove that the other driver was at fault, you should receive the compensation you deserve.
Some of the damages that you may be entitled to in Louisiana include:
- Medical Bills – You’re entitled to both current and future medical bills. If your doctor can show that you’re going to need future medical care, you should be compensated for this. They can do this using medical records. Or, they may submit an affidavit to the effect that you need long-term care.
- Lost Wages –If you missed more than a week or two from work, you can demand lost wages. Your lawyer will submit payroll records and tax returns to prove these damages.
- Pain and Suffering – These damages are intended to compensate you for any physical and mental anguish caused by the crash.
- Property Damage – If your car was damaged, you can demand that you be reimbursed the money to repair or replace your car.
Your Louisiana car accident lawyer will work hard to prove your damages.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney in Louisiana Today
If you’re hurt in a car accident, you should contact an experienced car accident lawyer in Louisiana. They’re used to handling cases just like yours. Call today and schedule your initial consultation. It’s absolutely free and you pay nothing until you settle your case.
The defendant will have lawyers working for them and you should too. Let an experienced car accident lawyer get you the compensation you deserve.